Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weekend in Higgins

We spent the first part of Easter weekend up north at Justin's parents. They live on Higgins Lake, which has become one of my favorite places in the whole world over the last several years (much more on that is sure to come this summer!).  It's always so nice to get up there, even in the cold weather... a total break from our busy lives here, because we can't take all our day-to-day "stuff" with us.  This trip we checked most of our normal activities off the list... visit Pottery Barn outlet on the way up, sleep in every day, eat much too much, take a trip to Wal-Mart, eat at G's Pizzeria... but we also added something I can't believe I've never done before... drive all the way around the lake.  Higgins Lake is pretty big and the Remsings are on the east side of it, so I had never even seen the west side from the shore.  Taking our cue from the snowmobilers and ice fisherman who were driving their cars out onto the lake, we decided to have a little walk and enjoy the beautiful day!


The lake is so clear and beautiful, the ice looked like pool water... clear aquamarine in the sun.  In some places we could see straight down. Even though we had a lot of fun walking around, it made me more anxious than ever for summer to arrive so we can get out there on the boat!


We came home on Saturday night and spent Sunday with my family. Stephanie and Jason got ENGAGED on Saturday, which made things a little more exciting... I can't believe my baby sister is getting married! More on that, I'm sure, will also come.

Monday was a bonus day off and we spent it doing house projects... Justin worked in the basement and I gathered materials to spruce up the living room.  And by the way, on that note, thanks to NO ONE for suggestions!  I've managed to come up with a couple of little solutions and will soon be making new pillow covers in very spring-y shades of green, among other things... I'll put up some pictures when they're done. I can't WAIT for spring to GET HERE!

2 comments:

Kara Graves said...

awe! your trip looked like so much fun!

And...I really was thinking about what suggestions there were to give you, but your house is already so charming! I have a red-accented living room to, so for spring I just bought a big green plant to freshen it up!

Lindsay said...

That looks beautiful!! We definitely don't have anything like that down here.