Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Recent projects

We've been busy bees lately and I wanted to share... first, a baby book I made for Erin and John, whose little Logan should be here within the next month.  I saw someone at a shower receive a handmade book like this, purchased from a certain specialty store, and decided to get one for Erin. But when I went to the store there was only one to choose from (which, of course, is no choice at all), and it wasn't that cute (not to mention astronomically priced).  So I gave it a shot myself.  I know I thrive on creative projects like this, because for an entire week I stayed up late and worked nonstop--getting supplies, choosing colors, building the cover, writing the content, strategizing the best methods of binding--and loved every minute of it.  


There's plenty of space to record all of Logan's stats and milestones as they happen, as well as flat paper bags to hold papers and other souvenirs.  Pretty fun!

Second is the evolving basement project.  Amber and Steve (Justin's sister and her boyfriend) came for a weekend to do some construction. Steve is a builder and we were pretty impressed by how quickly he hammered this thing out!  All day Saturday and all day Sunday he and Justin worked, along with the help of several great friends from church. They built two walls, ran electrical, framed in all the duct work, added two new doorways and moved one, and drywalled the entire ceiling, new walls, and staircase.  It looks awesome!  It's also starting to look more paintable and I'm itching to get started... although I know the mudding and sanding will be a long process first.  Hopefully Justin can get started on that in the next couple of weeks.

I'm holding my breath hoping that the mudding at least can get done before baseball season starts... otherwise Justin might be too preoccupied!  As for me... I need to find my next creative outlet.  You would think my job would do the trick, but there's just something about paper, an Exacto and Modge Podge that you can't get anywhere else--even on a 24" Macintosh display.  :)

5 comments:

Kara Graves said...

that scrapbook is absolutely gorgeous! I am really impressed! I have tried to stay away from the scrapbooking world, my personality is too addictive and type A for that!

I am really sorry to hear about your loss, that is a terrible journey to go through. We will be praying for you.....

Looking forward to watching Tigers games in your basement for some summer fun!

StephandJason said...

Casey, the basement looks great, I will stop by soon to see it in person! Also, I hope you remember how you made that baby book, you'll have lots to make for your little nieces and nephews someday (in a very long time!!)

Burcham Family said...

Hey Casey! I just found your blog. Just thought I'd say hi and say the basement looks great!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

That book is beautiful!!! You have got a talent. I love it.

Can you believe the Tigers are already getting ready to start?? It gives me hope that spring may be here soon...I hope:)

-Kelly

Lindsay said...

It's really coming along. Can't wait to see what all you guys do to it!