Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sticking around

I've been thinking about this blog a lot the last couple of days and whether to shut it down completely (it's funny I would even give it that much thought, considering it's still a mostly secret blog).  Anyway, I was looking at it just now, thinking how much I like the color palette and the header I designed, and how blogging could kind of be fun, when the title on that header caught my attention.  Justin didn't like it when I first typed it out... too dramatic for him.  But tonight it made me realize that yes, our life together is fun, hectic, crazy, and beautiful--but also sometimes tragic, and confusing, and sad.  We recently experienced an unprecedented tragedy when we lost our baby at 12 weeks, just as we were on the verge of announcing our pregnancy to the world--which is why I'm now thinking about deleting this blog I worked so hard to create in celebration of that little one.  I don't want this to be an awkward post, and I'm not looking for a pity-party... it's just got me thinking about how life is all these things, good and bad, and somehow I have to believe they all work together to make the big picture even more beautiful. Hmmm... sounds like something I've read somewhere before.  "In ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him."  That's a hard reality to accept with our grief still so new, but we do face the future with hope, and a renewed sense of unity in our marriage, realizing just how much we are a team, and trusting God to heal and restore us.

Maybe I'll just delete that first post, where we proudly (though secretly) charted the news six weeks ago, and keep the rest going.  I'm sure the world is dying to hear about our basement remodel, and to see pictures of the navy blue paint and the flowers I plan to plant when spring finally arrives. I know one of these days there will be a new baby on the way, and many other good things in the meantime... probably even some more sadness as well.  So I guess as far as the blog stratosphere goes, we're here to stay.

3 comments:

Chris and Andrea Moyer said...

Casey, I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I would LOVE to hear about the remodeling AND the flowers. I kill flowers just by looking at them so I could use some inspiration come spring by reading your blog. We love you guys. I know deep in my heart that God's plan will unfold in your life and your marriage and that you will look back on it and indeed see it as "hectic" but yet "beautiful" because that road will have led you to a wonderful place in your fun, hectic, crazy life. Miss you.

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Wow! A blog! Awesome! I'm glad you have joined the fun, twisted world of blogging:) It is nice to be able to read updates of the Remsing household. On that note...I am so sorry to hear about your lose. Ash and I are praying for you guys and know that God will bless you guys so much as He already has. It is amazing how much we grow closer to our mates in these times.

Oh and I love your layout...you for sure can't delete it...it is too cool!

Love,
Kelly

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you are sticking around! We'll be praying for you guys as I'm sure it's a difficult time, but God always has a bigger plan. I'm sure it will only make your marriage that much stronger. Love you!