Sunday, October 19, 2008

Steph and Jason are MARRIED!

Yesterday was Stephanie and Jason's wedding. It was a beautiful, perfect fall day... and I have no pictures to share. I didn't take my camera out once the whole weekend. However, I'm procrastinating on a big design project right now (not a smart idea because I have to finish it by tomorrow), so I thought I'd do a quick recap anyway.

Rehearsal was Thursday. It went well, and we had a fun, relaxing dinner at Kruse and Muer. Three courses over three hours (plus bread, of course) and we had to roll ourselves home. I love rehearsal dinners. This is time shared with the small group of people you love most, enjoying some seriously simple pleasures--fine food and good company. What could be better? No nerves, no pressure, just kick up your feet and drink in the moment. It's a great part of the wedding experience.

Friday was a day of errands. Justin worked on the ceremony most of the evening while I ran around getting jewelry and gifts, cleaning the house, packing necessities, etc. Stephanie got a manicure and I think actually managed to relax on her last day as an Arnett.

Saturday morning, bright and early, I headed to my hair appointment. Justin dropped me off and then went to Panera to go over his notes. Appointment time was 8am, I was scheduled for a 40-minute time slot, and we (both) had to be at Cherry Creek at 9am to get dressed and begin pictures at 9:30. Now, I was leery about my hair, because when I booked the appointment I said I wanted a simple, down style and was then told the stylist would wash and dry it. I called back on Friday to verify there would be time for this and was assured it is normal protocol for "down" hair. So I got there on time, informed her of my schedule, and she washed, dried, curled, and finally began to do some pinning. I said, "You know, I feel like I've been here awhile... what time is it?" She checked and said "9:12." I almost had a heart attack on the spot. It was the instant, panicked feeling of oversleeping... while awake. I said, "I have to leave right this second," and literally threw money on the counter and ran out the door. Did I mention I had no makeup on? We got to Cherry Creek at 9:30 (half of my makeup done at this point, at the expense of powder, bronzer and blush now covering the car), and as soon as I entered the girls dressing room I started crying because there was EVERYONE else, all ready, and Steph already in her dress. Luckily, she and my mom both seemed still to love me, so I rushed to finish, and in the end everything worked out. But seriously, how can anyone be late to their own sister's wedding? The matron of honor and officiant/groomsman, no less? I felt awful.

After that glitch, everything was smooth sailing. Pictures went well, the weather could not have been more perfect for a fall day, Stephanie was radiant, and both the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. Justin was a complete stud and did an awesome job. I know it was Steph and Jason's day, but I felt like the real (secret) winner getting to go home with him at the end of it all. :) 

Hopefully I'll find some pictures to share soon. In the meantime, congrats to the newly minted Mr. and Mrs!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

It was a beautiful ceremony and reception! I knew it would be...Arnett girls have such great taste! Casey, you looked so beautiful! Justin, you did an awesome job! If Mark and I ever renew our vows, will you perform the ceremony? (:

Liz Harrell said...

Cant wait to see some pictures. I just love fall weddings.

Lindsay said...

Send my congrats to Stephanie!! Can't wait to see some pictures...I'm sure it was beautiful.