Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our best four years

Today is our fourth anniversary. I am a veeeery sentimental person, so anniversaries for me inevitably end up being a time to re-live the day in my mind (for example, four years ago right now all the girls in my family were decorating at Glen Oaks, etc.). I will continue to do this throughout the day, right up until 7:00 when I walked down the aisle on my dad's arm and met Justin at the end. The next few hours have become a bit of a blur, but there are many memories of small, individual moments that will, once again, bring a smile to my face.


However, having said all this, I realize more and more every year how little a wedding really is in the grand scheme. Yes, ours was fabulous down to the last detail, and I might even do it all again... but it pales in comparison to the life we've built together since that day. It has exceeded my expectations in every way!


Soo... kinda cheesy, but here's a "toast" to the next one year, and four years, and 10 and 20 years, courtesey our favors (laboriously handmade by my mom). I love you, bud!


5 comments:

Mark, Tamara, and Gracie said...

Happy Anniversary!! We love you!

Kara Graves said...

Happy Anniversary! Your pictures are so pretty, I don't think I had ever seen them before. Have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

I also remember your ceremony! I can't believe it has been four years already! Happy Anniversary, with many many more to come.
April Brackney

Anonymous said...

What great memories...and what gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing. Happy Anniversary!!!

Kara Miller said...

It's great to see that you are as excited today as you were that day 4 years ago, nothing wrong for being sentimental about that! Blessings.