Monday, September 8, 2008

Pretty cute, if I do say so myself...

I'm not normally the biggest fan of posting ultrasound images, because they all pretty much look the same and somehow seem kind of personal (I mean, that is MY body, right?)... but Justin and I both couldn't resist sharing what we got today when we went in to complete the screening from last week:


Thumb sucking! How cute is that? It was truly amazing to see not only his little hand up by his face, but the actual sucking motion as his mouth and cheeks moved around it. At one point he took it out and gave us a little wave, then popped it right back in. I think we were almost more excited than last week finding out he was a boy, because this provided actual moving evidence that baby-like action is going on in there! We also did get the clear view of his heart (which was the reason for going back), and saw all four chambers and the valves opening and closing. I'm sure any of you who've had kids in recent years have seen this, but even knowing what to expect, it really was remarkable... it made me very thankful for modern technology. :)

In other news, today we finally had our very first red cherry tomatoes. There are literally hundreds out on the vine, and they just will not turn red.  But today, sweet Monday, there were four. Truthfully they were a little orange and probably could have used a couple more days, but I just couldn't wait. I also meant to take a picture before I picked them... or ate them... but again, just couldn't wait. Now... hopefully the rest will cooperate before it gets too cold!

4 comments:

Mark, Tamara, and Gracie said...

oh, Casey! That is so precious!! He looks like a beautiful, healthy little baby!

Kara Miller said...

ah-ha! I do the Google reader now too. I do like it! ...very sweet picture, the miracle inside our bodies is really amazing and mind baffling. I'm glad you have a 'real' image of the little one growing inside you now.

Chris and Andrea Moyer said...

Yay, I'm so glad you did post the picture. It's so amazing to get to see the "first picture". Once Ava was born I noticed things about her personality that were so evident in her behavior during the ultrasound. So, you're already starting to get to know your little boy before he's even here!!

jordan said...

awww that is so cute casey! (see i told you i would comment)its so funny how he is sucking his thumb
luv ya see ya saturday!!!