Tuesday, September 2, 2008

IT'S A BOY!

Our appointment today went well and there's no doubt he's a boy. :)  It's so exciting to have more of a concrete identity for this baby! The only hitch was that he was apparently pretty sleepy today, laying facedown straight across my midsection, and despite a walk and lots of poking and proding he wouldn't budge... so the sonographer couldn't access all the areas of his heart that need to be checked and measured. Not a big deal, I just have to go back later this week for part 2. Thankfully, everything she was able to see (spine, hands, feet, kidneys, etc) looked perfect. He is measuring about 9 oz, in the 50th percentile.

It's been a very long day--I'm exhausted--so that's it for now. Thank you for thinking of us and for all the sweet comments!

4 comments:

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Yeah! Another boy for Nate to play with! That is awesome. Congrats!

Lindsay said...

So exciting!! I love it when boys are the big brothers. Congrats to you and Justin!!

Kara Miller said...

Hey blog friend, you didn't tell me! Congrats!...I guess I was off on guessing a girl. Way cool.

Rebekah said...

Yah!!!! Can't wait to meet HIM. :)