Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hitting the open road

Tonight we're leaving for Higgins Lake straight after church. For weeks I've been so excitedto take this trip--4th of July has been our first Higgins trip of the summer the last couple of years, so there's a lot of anticipation for the biking, boating, ice cream, fireworks, G's Pizza... relaxing... etc. There will be pictures to share in a few days--but right now I'm not thinking about the coming-home part... just the going-up part.

Our outdoor life is progressing well as the flowers continue to blossom and the plants in the garden grow higher and higher. I've been meaning to post pictures but just haven't had a chance to upload and sort lately. Yesterday I thinned out a few more tomato plants and was excited to notice that the vines actually smell like cherry tomatoes! Soon, hopefully, we'll have something to eat. :)

Well... that's it for now... just a short little hello. Oh, and I do have a short amendment to the previous post when I said tomatoes are my #1 favorite food... I must have been confused by all the gardening. In actuality, bread is my #1 favorite food and tomatoes are #2. Justin says he has too many to list. Happy 4th of July!

No comments: