Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Great job Jus!

Today marks the last day of the semester for Justin, and I have to give him props. Most of you probably know that he's taken some classes over the last year, prereqs for a future pursuit... and today he took his final final. Since this is our blog and I can write whatever I want, it seemed like this would be a good opportunity to publicly declare how proud I am of him!

In the fall Justin took two classes, both with labs... and we quickly realized what an adjustment it is to get back into "student mode" after five years off. (Side note, how has it possibly been five years already?! Don't get me started on that!) Anyway, he worked his tail off and did great in both classes. This semester he took THREE, and again, two were with labs--eight class periods a week, in addition to work, City Mission, me, life, etc (I know I'm super low-maintenance, but I did still require some attention once in awhile... haha). The back-and-forth was a big commitment, but the time spent studying, laboring over homework, and meeting for group projects was the real killer. But he did it, and nailed it!

I'm encouraged knowing there will never be another semester like this, at least with as great a time commitment. The work will get more difficult, but time-wise, we've gotten over the biggest hurdle, which is a great feeling. Today Justin's head is filled with knowledge neither of us could have imagined nine months ago. He now knows crazy things about biology and anatomy that have made me realize I'm not quite as smart as I used to believe! :)

So anyway... (in case he ever happens to read this--he keeps saying maybe he'll write something sometime, but I'm not holding my breath)... you're the best, bud, and I'm so proud!  

1 comment:

StephandJason said...

Woo Woo Justin!! Great job...now if only Jason could be done with his semester...and if only we could be as lucky as to have the hardest semester "timewise" behind us, we are not all as lucky as you!! ;) Congrats again just a few more years and you'll be done completely!!